Full time Architect/Designer I-II
Full time Architect/Designer I-II sought in Cincinnati, OH/Covington, KY.
ABOUT THE FIRM
WorK Architecture + Design is a fast-growing design-focused architecture firm with a range of project types including retail, hospitality, commercial, residential, and historical adaptive reuse. If you possess a bachelor’s degree in architecture or related design, a minimum of 5 years’ recent full-time experience in an architectural, interior, or construction firm, bring a design eye and enthusiasm to your work, and are a generally awesome coworker, read on!
The successful candidate will have proven experience in all architectural phases from concept to construction. Technical knowledge and experience with construction details is required. Experience with Commercial, Residential, Multi-family Building Code is preferred. The ideal candidate will also possess a grasp of Preservation Techniques, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability.
- Work individually and with teams to design a full range of complex projects.
- Prepare construction documents drawings.
- Propose solutions to design and construction problems.
- Conduct code, material, and contextual research.
- Assist in day-to-day office needs + other duties as deemed necessary.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current Architectural registration
- Experience and knowledge in all design phases from Conceptual Design to Construction Documentation and Contract Administration
- Creative problem solving.
- Developed high quality spatial awareness in tandem with artful communication
- Experience and knowledge concerning construction methods and details and pricing consideration and impacts
- Experience with both new construction and renovations
- Proficiency in preparing construction documents
- Digital Fluency with software knowledge/experience to include: AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on professional communication, listening, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Must be a flexible self-starter capable of running several different project types and scales
- Open to learning and growing with the company
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA with Employer Match up to 3%
- Paid Vacation + Holidays
- Maternity / Paternity Leave: 12 weeks
WorK Architecture + Design is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH / Covington, KY
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree+
Required experience: 5 Years full-time at an Architecture/Interior Firm
Interested applicants should reside in the Cincinnati, OH/ Covington, KY area.
If you feel you are qualified, please apply with a resume and work sample including examples of professional work to email@example.com with subject: WRKCOV Employment Architect. Thank you!