Full Time Architectural Designer Position
Full Time Architectural Designer sought in both offices Louisville, KY and Covington, KY.
ABOUT THE FIRM
WorK Architecture + Design is a fast-growing design-focused architecture firm with a range of project types including retail, hospitality, commercial, residential, and historical adaptive reuse. If you possess a bachelor’s degree in architecture or related design, a minimum of 2 years’ recent full-time experience in an architectural or interiors firm, bring a design eye and enthusiasm to your work, and are a generally awesome coworker, read on!
The successful candidate will have proven experience in REVIT drafting and BIM modeling and architectural detailing. Technical knowledge and experience with construction details is required. Experience with Multi-family, Commercial, and Residential Building Code is preferred. The ideal candidate will also possess a grasp of Preservation Techniques, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability.
- Develop BIM Models & construction documents (Revit) from sketches by others.
- Develop specific parts of drawings with minimum help.
- Participate in internal design meetings
- Rendering (Enscape + Photoshop or similar)
- Measure and record existing buildings.
- Conduct code, material, and contextual research.
- Assist in day-to-day office needs + other duties as deemed necessary.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional software experience to include: Revit, SketchUp, Rendering Software, and Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in preparing construction documents and BIM models.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on professional communication, listening, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Must be a flexible self-starter capable of adapting to multiple project types and scales
- Open to learning and growing with the company
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position’s benefits begin after a three-month introductory period. Benefits include:
- Paid Vacation + Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA with Employer Match up to 3%
- Maternity / Paternity Leave: 12 weeks
WorK Architecture + Design is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Job Location: Louisville, KY and Covington, KY
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree+
Required experience: 2 Years full-time at an Architecture/Interior Firm
Interested applicants should reside in the Louisville, KY or the Cincinnati, OH/ Covington, KY area.
If you feel you are qualified, please apply with a resume and work sample including examples of professional work to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: WRKLOU Architectural Designer for the Louisville Office or WRKCOV Architectural Designer for the Covington Office. Thank you!