Full time Architect – Louisville Office
Full time Architect sought in Louisville, KY.
ABOUT THE FIRM
WorK Architecture + Design is a fast-growing design-focused Architecture + Interior Design firm with a range of project types including retail, hospitality, commercial, residential, and historical adaptive reuse. Their team is rooted in technical excellence, and driven by their ethos of “upholding the unique spirit of each project, designing spaces that inspire and function”.
We are currently seeking a Project Architect to join our team. As a Project Architect, in partnership with the Project Manager, you are accountable for project production team, and project management through the issuance and of project deliverables, technical content of WorK A+D documents and coordination of disciplines including consultants and for the supervision of all staff producing documents.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in all architectural phases from concept to construction. Technical knowledge and experience with construction details is required. Experience with Commercial, Residential, Multi-family Building Code is preferred. The ideal candidate will also possess a grasp of Preservation Techniques, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall design intent of the project established by the Project Designer is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
- Monitors the design process from conceptual phase through construction administration, ensuring the design idea is consistent and properly executed.
- Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
- Works with Specification Writer to develop specifications and is responsible for coordination of drawings and specifications.
- Checks completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for accuracy.
- Sets the overall strategy for producing the documents and identifies the sheets planned for each stage of the work. This includes defining how data will be organized into files and which elements will be incorporated in a Building Information Model (BIM).
- Sets up project team software parameters and manages standards.
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less senior level architects or technicians.
- Performs as team leader on certain projects.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, participates in professional development reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Works on developing a positive relationship of trust with client Leadership.
- Regularly communicates with client representative to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and delivery of final presentation.
- Receives project direction from the Principal in Charge.
- Coordinates use and tracks shared electronic documentation and files with project team, clients and consultants.
- Assists in planning and conducting work making minor adaptations and modifications to complete working drawing set(s).
- Meets with municipal building department and other governing agency officials to coordinate approvals or variances.
- Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
- Provides technical support and project communications to team as required.
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings. Prepares and coordinates the review of contractor’s schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples.
- Assists the Specification Writer in product research, consulting with manufacturers, evaluating and selecting project related materials.
- Involved with specification set-up and drawing coordination, research and appropriate use of WorK Standards.
- Provides support to all team members for specific market, discipline, or other areas of expertise.
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, technical issues.
- Participates in review of project costs and budgets, adherence to schedule.
- Prepares meeting minutes of consultant coordination meetings.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team review.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Participates in business development meetings with team leaders to target specified project, client or market opportunities.
- Explores and identifies new opportunities to add or enhance professional services with existing clients.
- Assists in development of fee proposals for marketing proposals.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Knowledge of design principles and the ability to interpret design concepts and layouts, including commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the profession required.
- Possess creative talent in conceptual design and rendering skills by either hand or computer preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of building regulations, codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents required.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and models required.
- Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems required.
- Thorough knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process required.
- Proficiency in Revit required.
- Experience in 3D rendering software utilizing a Sketchup and/or Revit model such as Enscape preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet strict and agressive deadlines.
- Experience in networking with potential clients and/or potential project team partners.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in relevant projects required.
- 5-10 years’ design experience, a variety of design experience preferred.
- Licensed Architect with current registration in your region preferred.
- NCARB registration preferred.
- Experience working with the local market preferred.
WorK A+D is a drug-free workplace. WorK A+D is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Job Location: Louisville, KY
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree+
Required experience: 5 Years full-time at an Architecture/Interior Firm
Interested applicants should reside in the Louisville, KY area.
If you feel you are qualified, please apply with a resume and work sample including examples of professional work to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: WRKLOU Employment Architect. Thank you!