Join Our Team
Full time Junior Architect and Architectural Drafter sought in Louisville, Kentucky or Covington, Kentucky.
WorK Architecture + Design is a fast-growing design focused architecture firm with a range of project types including retail, commercial, historical adaptive reuse, health-care, and residential. Our workplace culture is accordingly nimble, collaborative, and engaging. Our office flexibility extends to this job search — there is ample opportunity for you to expand the position into your skillset and interest. If you possess a bachelor’s degree in architecture or related design, a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in an architectural firm, bring a design eye and enthusiasm to your work, and are a generally awesome coworker, read on!
The successful candidate will have proven experience in CAD architectural detailing, REVIT drafting and BIM modeling, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, with expertise in 3D rendering. Technical knowledge and experience with construction details is required. Experience with Commercial, Residential, Multi-family Building Code is preferred. The ideal candidate will also possess a grasp of Preservation Techniques, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability.
- Visuals development from diagrams and conceptual imagery to marketing material and 3D photorealistic modeling.
- Prepare construction documents drawings from sketches by others.
- Assist in making presentations and assembling RFP responses and other project acquisition methods.
- Develop specific parts of drawings with minimum help. Propose solutions to design and construction problems.
- Measure and record existing buildings.
- Conduct code, material, and contextual research.
- Assist in day-to-day office needs + other duties as deemed necessary.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Refined design aesthetic
- Proficiency in preparing construction documents and specifications
- Strong hand sketching and computer graphics skills, with software knowledge/experience to ideally include: AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on professional communication, listening, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Must be passionate about the work, detail-oriented and able to work autonomously while taking direction
- Must be a flexible self-starter capable of running several different projects types and scales
- Open to learning and growing with the company
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
This is a salaried position with benefits including:
- Vacation: UVP (Unlimited Vacation Policy)
- Maternity / Paternity Leave: 12 weeks
WorK Architecture + Design is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Job Location:Louisville, KY or Cincinnati, OH
Required education:Bachelor’s Degree+
Required experience:Drafting / 3D rendering / Graphic Design: 3 years