Senior and Intermediate Licensed Architects – Louisville, KY Area
WorK Architecture + Design’s Louisville office is seeking Senior and Intermediate Licensed Architects with a range of experience and expertise from large scale office and medical buildings, hospitality, and high-end multi-family and affordable housing – both new construction and adaptive reuse/historic renovation.
· Works in tandem with designers to coordinate schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
· Advanced understanding of code, planning, programming and design principles and methods.
· Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions.
· Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
· Help prepare detailed drawings and mentor junior staff.
· Directs production of schematic through construction documents in collaboration with Project Manager.
· Coordinates project documentation execution, construction plans and details, ensuring quality control and completion.
· Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems.
· Understands and coordinates engineering systems relevant to projects.
· Expertise in Contract Administration and Close-out Phases.
· Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations.
· Executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.).
· Ensures tasks are completed according to the WorK Architecture + Design’s Standards and Quality Control Manual.
· May establish architectural budget, task schedule and other components of the project work plan with project manager.
· Directs or coordinates production of construction documents, drawings and specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule and cost.
· Implements meeting objectives, facilitates meetings and provides documentation in collaboration with Project Manager.
· May participate in marketing, client and owner presentations.
· Directs, organizes and mentors junior staff with responsibility oversight of their assignments.
· Post graduate qualification in Architecture
· Professional registration in Architecture (AIA)
· Professional registration (LEED, NCARB, or equivalent)
· Experienced in all phases of project design, construction documentation production and construction materials.
· Project delivery experience on $20M+ schemes.
· Familiar with building codes, specifications, construction methods, and building and engineering systems.
· Understanding of project management process at all design phases.
· Ability to apply CAD and interpret and review CAD drawings.
· Revit knowledge and experience. (5 yrs. experience)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills for internal employee management and external client relationships
· Ability to direct or coordinate work efforts of junior staff.
· Collaborative and professional work ethic.
· Be responsible for planning, developing, and executing technical documentation which may include interpreting, organizing, and coordinating project team assignments
· Direct and coordinate production of schematic, design development and construction documents in collaboration with Project Manager
· Perform construction administration duties (e.g., RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
· Execute applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.)
· Establish budget, task schedule, and other components of the work plan with Project Manager
· Participate in marketing efforts and may lead presentations to prospective clients
· Work with engineering consultants through schematic and design development phases
· Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff with responsibility for oversight
· Work hard, play hard!
· Licensed Architect (AIA) with 8+ years of experience including healthcare
· Ability to generate and/or identify clear ideas and concepts and develop physical and conceptual connections to overall building design
· Ability to work collaboratively to develop design concepts and ideas with internal project teams and external stakeholders
· Knowledge of construction detailing,
· Excellent graphic, verbal, and written communication skill
· Ability to direct, manage, and coordinate work efforts of junior staff
· Experience in all phases and aspects of a project
· Familiarity with building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems
· Understanding of project management process
· Strong design, communication, and time management skills
· Collaborative and professional work ethic
· LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
· Salary is commensurate with experience
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 401K with Employer Matching
· Company Cell Phone
· Paid Vacations and Holidays
· Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave
· Unlimited Leave Policy
Interested applicants should reside in the Louisville, KY area.
If you feel you are qualified, please apply with a resume and work sample including examples of professional work with subject: WRKLOU Employment. Thank you!