North by Hotel Covington
This project encompasses the renovation of existing buildings at 614 Madison Avenue and 19 E Pike in Covington KY, for a combined 84,700 gsf. 614 Madison was originally constructed as a bank in 1890 and 19 E Pike was completed in 1912 as a YMCA gym facility with a major addition around 1915 for a women’s gym facility and a later single-story addition at the east of the site. The renovation modifies the existing buildings to serve the primary use of a new 53 key Hotel with a 500 person Ballroom in the basement. Secondary uses include multiple leasable commercial spaces and a basement kitchen and storage to serve the hotel and ballroom. At the east of the site is an existing single story addition which will be modified to service as a hotel laundry and receiving area with a portion of the Pike Street side converted to a new Ballroom entrance. A new basement tunnel and second floor pedestrian bridge will connect this project to the existing adjacent Hotel.
Major architectural moves:
- new 24’x48′ lightwell carved in bringing light to rooms and a ballroom skylight
- removal of non-historic first floor façade with storefront restoration
- restoration of a historic turret and cornice
- fourth floor penthouses addition
- unique layouts from typical hotel rooms to 2-bedroom suites, double-height lofts
- connection to Hotel Covington via bridge + tunnel
Expected opening October 2022.